You can use your own invoice number sequence in your invoices by setting it up in your invoice format. Here are the steps to set this up:
- Navigate to Collect Payments -> Create Invoice -> Select Format and click Edit format for the invoice format you want to change. Alternatively, you can also perform this while creating a new invoice format.
- In the Invoice Information section under Billing Details section choose an empty field or click on Add custom field button.
- Click the edit icon of your field, next in the Field property window type in the Column name field add your label for ex. Invoice number
- In Functions select Invoice number
- In Type select Manually entered
- Click Save to save your invoice number field
- In the Final summary section of your invoice format click Save
With this you have created an invoice number field which can manually entered while creating an invoice. This type of field is also handy when using APIs or excel uploads to create your invoices.